- 1lb Ground Turkey (93% lean)
- Ground Beef if you prefer
- 2 cans Black Kidney Beans
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 (20oz) Jar – Diced Tomatoes
- If you want more flavor get ‘Hunts Basil/Oregano Flavor’
- 1 Jar Salsa (Mild)
- If you want chili spicier – get medium or hot salsa
- Chili Powder
- Brown meat.
- While the meat is browning – add chili powder to taste. Cover the meat pretty well with chili powder, however, when first making the recipe do less. You can ADD more later. You don’t want too much!
- Drain meat if necessary.
- Drain and Rinse all the beans (red and black)!
- While meat is browning continue to Step 4:
- In Crockpot or Lg pot on stove add:
- All the beans
- Entire jar of tomatoes with juice
- ¾ jar of salsa
- Turn heat on medium for crockpot or pot on stove. When the meat is ready, add to rest of ingredients.
- Let all ingredients cook for 30 minutes on medium heat. Stir occasionally.
*If you want it more moist, add the rest of the salsa. Try some once it has warmed up and determine if it needs more chili powder at this time.